[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb.pl (was Re: 0.19 Program Guide slowness...)

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Fri Mar 3 07:57:11 UTC 2006

Around about 24/02/06 14:32, Todd Hutchinson typed ...
> After adding the following to /etc/my.cnf: 12s
>    key_buffer = 48M
>    max_allowed_packet = 8M
>    table_cache = 128
>    sort_buffer_size = 48M
>    net_buffer_length = 8M
>    thread_cache_size = 4
>    query_cache_type = 1
>    query_cache_size = 4M

   Please excuse my ignorance, but how does this get added?  I thought I'd try
it, but I can't figure out which section it should go in (e.g,. [mysqld]) or
whether it's even a literal insertion or requires 'set variable' in front of
each entry.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature