[mythtv-users] Transcoding and aspect ratio (DVB-T)

Wed Mar 1 09:37:26 UTC 2006

--On 28 February 2006 2:02 PM -0500 Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org>
wrote:

> I received your files and they have the correct aspect in them, they have
> an aspect of 2, so I assume that is still your modified code that passes
> 2.0 to SetVideoAspect. What does your nuvinfo say about the
> transcoded.nuv file you emailed me?  Here's the output from mine:
>
> P</tmp/ctp> nuvinfo transcoded.nuv | more
>
> info for: transcoded.nuv
>
>                  aspect:  2
>   audio_bits_per_sample:  16
>

> --
> Chris

First, thanks for looking at them.

That is.. bizarre -- here is my output:

info for: transcoded.nuv

                 aspect:  4:3
               aspect_f:  1.33333333333333
  audio_bits_per_sample:  16

info for: original.nuv

                 aspect:  16:9
               aspect_f:  1.77777777777778
          audio_bitrate:  256000
  audio_bits_per_sample:  16

How can that be? You're right, they are transcoded with
SetVideoAspect(2.000).

Ian.