[mythtv-users] air2pc + HD3000 not working together

Dan Valega zippyelectron at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 09:09:31 UTC 2006

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:30:48 -0500
From: Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] air2pc + HD3000 not working together
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:10:54PM -0600, Dan Valega wrote:
> Thanks to the 2 list users who posted the firmware file(s) I now have
> the firmware installed for a
> air2pc 1st gen card using BCM3510 frontend. I still can't get it to
> load the firmware, even though the card is reported in dmesg
>
> drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/skystar2.c: FlexCopIIB(rev.195) chip found
> drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/skystar2.c: the chip has 38 hardware filters
> skystar2: A frontend driver was not found for device 13d0/2103
> subsystem 13d0/2103
>
> I can still use my HD3000 card OK, and it moved up to card 1 from card
> 0 in mythsetup.
>
> This is on FC3_X86_64 with  kernel 2.6.12-1.1381
>
> Everything I've read says the support for the card is in the kernel &
> I thought I just had to put the firmware in the right place, what am I
> not doing to get it to load firmware ?

Are your firmware files in the right place?

Check "grep FIRMWARE_DIRS /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent" to see where
your system is looking for them.

Of course, your distro may put firmware.agent itself somewhere else in
your filesystem ...

--Rob

Thanks,
I already checked that & they are in the right place, I found a
all the drivers for the air2pc card in it, even though it has enough
to recognize it, you need to recompile the kernel w/the dvb patches
from linuxtv.org.