[mythtv-users] 0.19 & new DVB card: recording disappeared/never happened

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Mar 1 08:32:56 UTC 2006

   I seem to have either lost or never had a DVB recording over night.

   0.19 seems to be running smoothly for me, and a new Nova-T DVB card i
plugged in over the W/E now *seems* to be up and running.

   Having got the listings correctly into it for the firstt time yesterday, I
did a couple of test recordings (one ½-hour by itself, came out OK, and
another one at the same time as my PVR-350, both of which seemed OK for 5mins
[at least], when I cancelled & deleted the DVB one as it was a repeat).

   So I left it to itself last night;  the 3 recordings scheduled for the350
came out OK, but the DVB one (not in parallel with any other recordings)
although it appears in the 'recorded' list, the file's not there.

   There are no errors in /var/log/messages or mythbackend.log;  indeed, the
back-end reports that it went OK AFAICT.

   Are there any common known problems that can cause this?  I've never had it
happen with just the 350.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature