[mythtv-users] Importing Musci

Dr. Doug L. Hoffman hoffman at dlhoffman.com
Fri Jun 30 18:28:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 13:43 -0400, Charles Francis wrote:
> I have a pretty extensive MP3 collection and am trying to import it into
> myth.  I setup a NFS share between my FC5 file server and my FC5 fe/be
> combo.  I tried to just select import music and let it go to town,
> however, after 3 days of the mythfrontend running at 99.9% cpu and the
> screen stuck at updating database at 61% I tried another approach.

What versions of Myth and MySQL are you running?

> I moved all of the mp3's from the share and started to move them back in
> little by little and purged the mythconverg database music section to no
> avail.  Once I get around 40gb of music in the folder, the updating
> database just stalls and mythfrontend stays at 99.9%.
>
> Any ideas?  Is this a known limitation?
I have 102+ GB of music in my system and there are no problems. The
latest release of Myth (0.19) seems to have speed up some of the steps
in loading up the database incrementally but the initial load can still
take a long time. My load was 4+ hours on a 4x2.0 GHz opteron system.