[mythtv-users] Importing Musci

Charles Francis charles at francis-home.com
Fri Jun 30 17:43:40 UTC 2006

I have a pretty extensive MP3 collection and am trying to import it into
myth.  I setup a NFS share between my FC5 file server and my FC5 fe/be
combo.  I tried to just select import music and let it go to town,
however, after 3 days of the mythfrontend running at 99.9% cpu and the
screen stuck at updating database at 61% I tried another approach.

I moved all of the mp3's from the share and started to move them back in
little by little and purged the mythconverg database music section to no
avail.  Once I get around 40gb of music in the folder, the updating
database just stalls and mythfrontend stays at 99.9%.

Any ideas?  Is this a known limitation?