[mythtv-users] Best Picture Configuration?

Brian Van Grunsven deepsnow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 14:38:20 UTC 2006

I've been looking around for a while for suggested configurations of
Mythtv and IVTV in order to achieve the best picture possible.  A sort
of highest common denominator to start with and then (if need be) the
plan would be scale back incrementally.

I myself have an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+, 512 meg of ram, and a
PVR 350.  I'm thinking not that uncommon of a setup for a Myth box
(correct me if I'm wrong here).

When I compare the picture of live tv from myth to the picture of
(analog) cable directly connected to my Sony HD there is quite a
noticeable difference.  The (analog) cable's picture is much clearer.
Myth's live tv picture is kind of blurry, there are some artifacts
every once and a while, and the color is off balance.

Does anyone have any suggestions or links to configurations for the
best possible picture from MythTV and/or the IVTV driver?

-Brian