[mythtv-users] PVR-150 MCE captures nothing but static

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 24 15:45:42 UTC 2006

On 06/24/2006 01:30 AM, Chad Jannusch wrote:
>  On 6/23/06, Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Apparently this issue has something to do with the "tuner" input.
> >
> > Composite video worked just fine.
> >
> > Unfortunately, my setup does not include a tower case in the living
> > room; the DVR is to be placed in the office, about 100 feet from
> > the TV and set-top box.  Easy and cheap enough to pull off with
> > coaxial cable...not so much with component video & audio.
> >
> > Any idea why the tuner input is giving me static?  I can get
> > another set-top box fro m the cable company, but this issue irks
> > me.
> >

>  I've had 3 PVR-150's all fail on me the same way.

I think it's a bit premature to call this a hardware failure as it seems
the OP has never gotten it working.  Therefore, I'd put in a vote for
configuration error.  Of course, without the right information:

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
        /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

I can't tell what that configuration error is...

Mike