[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuners (Firerwire, PVR-350), Same DCT6200 Scheduling Question

Michael Eldridge meldridge at mac.com
Thu Jun 22 03:15:07 UTC 2006

The real problem -- and one that I've struggled with, eventually
coming up with a similar solution as jturner -- is that the DCT6200
only has one tuner and therefore can only tune one channel at a time
making it impossible to record two different shows at the same time
from the DCT6200.

You could run a cable splitter and have one go to the DCT6200 and one
to the PVR-350. You would only be able to record non-digital channels
on the PVR-350 (1 - 80 in jturner's example) but you could record two
shows at the same time. But since some of the digital channels are
encrypted and cannot be recorded over FireWire some creative inputs
need to be created. The easiest thing I've done to solve the problem
is add a channel lineup to my zap2it account, only put the analog
channels in it, then assign that lineup to the PVR-350 making it a
dedicated analog TV capture card.

The DCT6412 DVR is a dual-tuner model and in theory -- without ever
testing it with myth -- you could record two different channels at
the same time and I assume from different output sources but I'm not
paying extra for i either.