[mythtv-users] Migrating two MythTV systems into one?

Michael Fox michaelf at users.heimic.net
Tue Jun 20 23:06:24 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, myth tv <myth at captainbeer.com> wrote:

> Is there a way I can migrate the recordings/descriptions from the original,
> stand alone, mythtv systems into the one new backend system?  I've got about
> 60 hours of recordings (I'd estimate about 45 individual TV shows on
> each)... and it would be nice if I could backup/restore/import them into the
> new backend.

nuvexport has an option to export the file + sql statements that
contain the program info. If you did this for all the shows, then
copied the pair of files for each to new system. Then imported the
*.sql for each show then it would populate the db on the new system
and tell it what the filename is of said program along with its info.

Thanks