[mythtv-users] ATI: S-video vs. Composite?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Jun 17 15:03:21 UTC 2006

Can anyone tell me what the magic xorg.conf lines are to get an onboard
ATI video chip to display through the composite output? Ideally I'd like
to see the X screen through both composite and S-video, but I'd settle
for composite only. What I see now is that both outputs are active
during the initial boot, but as soon as X starts, it's S-video only, so
I know it's an X configuration issue. I'm using the fglrx driver but
could switch to the radeon driver if that would fix things. I'm only
doing SD with this particular box and don't care about 3D. All I want is
for TV out to display through the composite output. I am aware of the
ForceMonitor parameter but have not found the correct incantation to
make this work the way I want.

--Greg