[mythtv-users] 0.19: unable to return to recordings menu after viewing recorded show: FIXED

Steve Briggs zzybaloobah at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 10:23:41 UTC 2006

Hi -
A couple of months back someone had a problem where when
they exited from playing back a recording, it would
immediately start playing again.

Well, I suddenly had this same problem on *two* of my 6
frontend machines.  Here's the sequence:
  Start mythfrontend
  Play something, SHOW-A
  Exit SHOW-A (doesn't matter how, ESC, end of the program, whatever)
  mythfrontend returns to menu (as it should)
  Play something else, SHOW-B
  Exit SHOW-B
  instead of returning to menu, SHOW-A starts playing
  Exit SHOW-A
  SHOW-B starts playing
and so on.  The only way out I've found is to kill the
mythtv-frontend process.

After carefully checking the RPM versions on my different
frontends (they're all FC4 ATRPMS) I think I've isolated
the problem to an incompatibility between:
libmyth-0.19-120.rhfc4.at  and  mythtv-frontend-0.19-129.rhfc4.at

Yum let me upgrade mythtv-frontend from 0.19-120 -> 0.19-129 without
forcing an upgrade of libmyth as well.

Steve