[mythtv-users] Selectively enabling a repo is bogus (was: 0.19: unable to return to recordings menu after viewing recorded show: FIXED)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jun 17 10:38:12 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 03:23:41AM -0700, Steve Briggs wrote:
> A couple of months back someone had a problem where when
> they exited from playing back a recording, it would
> immediately start playing again.
>
> Well, I suddenly had this same problem on *two* of my 6
> frontend machines.  Here's the sequence:
> [...]
>
> After carefully checking the RPM versions on my different
> frontends (they're all FC4 ATRPMS) I think I've isolated
> the problem to an incompatibility between:
> libmyth-0.19-120.rhfc4.at  and  mythtv-frontend-0.19-129.rhfc4.at
>
> Yum let me upgrade mythtv-frontend from 0.19-120 -> 0.19-129 without
> forcing an upgrade of libmyth as well.

Probably because you asked yum to do so by only selectively enabling
ATrpms. If so, then that's a bug in your local yum config. Selective
upgrades miss some bits and you got bitten by it. Don't do it, it's
neither supported, nor healthy for your system.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net