[mythtv-users] Still stuck...MythTV Dead

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 15 16:35:20 UTC 2006

On 06/15/2006 12:02 PM, Tom+Dale wrote:
> Well, since nobody here had new debugging suggestions, we tried another
> install.  During the post-installation setup, we noted that the MythDora
> recommendation is to click on "Retrieve Lineups" and to skip "Scan for
> Channels" and "Fetch Channels".  We were pretty sure that we had not
> retrieved lineups in the recent installs (must have looked right past
> that).  Anyway, the mythfilldatabase worked fine after that.  Strange
> that it wasn't repairable without a full re-install, but MythDora makes
> that easy.  I'm posting this in case it helps somebody else down the road.

You should have been able to fix it by deleting your video source(s) and
then re-creating it (without running the channel scan/fetch).  Deleting
just the bad video source should work, but using "Delete all video
sources" option would provide fewer opportunities for user error in the
process (depending on your other video sources, you might not delete
enough when deleting only one source).

The hard part is figuring out the configuration step that went wrong so
you know how to fix it.  Sometimes that's easiest by starting over from
a fresh install and redoing the entire configuration.  ;)

Glad you got it working, and thanks for the follow-up to the list.

Mike