[mythtv-users] CommFlag

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jun 15 16:09:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 08:52:39PM -0400, Jeff Voight wrote:
> I read with interest that Mythtv had been accepted to Google's Summer of
> Code.
>
> However, I have a legal issue.
>
> See, commercial skipping could be seen as stealing content from the
> providers that put this programming into your home. They pay for it with
> those commercials.

IANAL, and this is anyhow somehow out of place on the ATrpms' lists,
so I'm redirecting the follow-ups, but IMHO a filter for commercials
breaks no law. Just like you're free to zap to another channel during
the commerical break, you're also free to not record the commercials,
or remove them from the recording, either manually or aided by a
machine.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net