[mythtv-users] Black and White Capture with VStream XPert

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 20:51:15 UTC 2006

> Hmm - well I'm pretty much out of my depth now!  But in your place I
> wouldn't have added both video sources.  How do you know which one's
> being used?  If I remember right you can press 'Y' or 'C' to change
> sources, so see what that does. But as I said, I'd keep things simple
> and only define the source I want to use (and given a choice between
> composite and S-Video I'd choose S-Video).

I don't know but I thought it worked like this: Since I've defined two
channels on two inputs with two different video sources, I have channel 600
as the composite input and channel 601 is the S-Video input. I think
pressing Y or C was removed just before 0.19, and now myth just relies on
the channel number to work out which input to use.

Rather than a mythtv problem, I think this is a linux video problem, since
tvtime shows it in black and white too. Maybe the S-Video lead would be
better, however when I was testing in tvtime both composite and S-Video were
B/W. Also I only have one S-Video cable (at the moment), and that links my
graphics card to the TV so I don't want to use it all the time. At a guess
I'd say if its possible to get colour on the S-Video lead, it should also be
possible to get it on the composite, so I'll stick with composite for now.

Thanks,

Jonny