[mythtv-users] Black and White Capture with VStream XPert

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 20:17:45 UTC 2006

On 12/06/06, jonny Linux <jonnylinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If I remember
> > right, on my card I got to pick a source from a choice of:
> >
> > tuner
> > composite
> > S-Video
> >
> > Later on in mythtvsetup you get to assign the source to a program listing.
>

> I think I've done that, I added two Video Sources named Composite and
> SVideo, in the input connections there are two inputs for the V4L
> /dev/video0, named Composite1 and S-Video. I've given each their own Video
> Source.

Hmm - well I'm pretty much out of my depth now!  But in your place I
wouldn't have added both video sources.  How do you know which one's
being used?  If I remember right you can press 'Y' or 'C' to change
sources, so see what that does. But as I said, I'd keep things simple
and only define the source I want to use (and given a choice between
composite and S-Video I'd choose S-Video).

Good Luck