[mythtv-users] X-10 Module for Myth?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:24:05 UTC 2006

> How is it controlled now? There are some really inexpensive ethernet PLC
> modules (and board kits) I have been eyeing lately.. while I'll have to
> dust off the unused 25 year old EE Degree the network control language
> looked really simple to read and write to. We could have MythGarage for
> teh garage door. MythWater for the sprinkler systems. MythPool for the
> pump/heater (and I even saw a regulated drip resevoir that might permit
> auto chemical balancing.. ) Now, a MythSecure module for home video cams,
> that might be right up the alley of the MythTV module already.. I noticed
> the PVR500's at least have two composit inputs if you switch to them. Work
> out some scheduling conflict with the TV recording and you could monitor
> and record a security cam.. or just use a real mux card.. I use the
> GeoVision 1480 card in a dedicated system, but it would be cool to have a
> lower cost variant totally inside Myth.

Yes, it's the american dream to control everything from out sofa with
our remote control, infront of our TV!! :) The Proliphix tstats are
ethernet connected network with a normal LCD and buttons, but also the
web server to control them. The have a documented API to access them
to retrieve values and set stuff, I just need to learn to make a myth
module! :)

I also want my mythbox to make me breakfast!

-Kenneth