[mythtv-users] X-10 Module for Myth?

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Thu Jun 8 04:11:46 UTC 2006

How is it controlled now? There are some really inexpensive ethernet PLC
modules (and board kits) I have been eyeing lately.. while I'll have to
dust off the unused 25 year old EE Degree the network control language
looked really simple to read and write to. We could have MythGarage for
teh garage door. MythWater for the sprinkler systems. MythPool for the
pump/heater (and I even saw a regulated drip resevoir that might permit
auto chemical balancing.. ) Now, a MythSecure module for home video cams,
that might be right up the alley of the MythTV module already.. I noticed
the PVR500's at least have two composit inputs if you switch to them. Work
out some scheduling conflict with the TV recording and you could monitor
and record a security cam.. or just use a real mux card.. I use the
GeoVision 1480 card in a dedicated system, but it would be cool to have a
lower cost variant totally inside Myth.

Ok, I think I have over subscribe my imagination for this evening.. I'll
get to posting your solution tomorrow.

Nick

--
Nick Ellson