[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Linux Help Request

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Jun 7 19:40:52 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 18:55, Ben Edwards (lists) wrote:
> I should first say I am in no way officially affiliated to Ubuntu, I
> have however been a user from the outset and have previously been
> involved in documentation and the wiki.
>
> I have been running Ubuntu on Dapper for a few months now and it is
> fairly unstable.
I have it running on a bunch of ubuntu systems (frontends are dapper, backend
is still breezy) and it's running very stable.

> This is a real shame, I have run Mythtv on a few
> distributions and Ubuntu did seem a very good choice due to ease of
> install and Hardware support, I was hoping Ubuntu/Mythtv would be a
> killer combination.
Was this on the same hardware ?  I found out that most unstable situations
indicate a hardware problem.

> I have however been a little disappointed, it seems there is no one
> involved in package management is a Mythtv user and therefore even now
> that the latest version has been Mythtv still needs restarting every
> day.  I should add that this is not a criticism of the multimedia
> support group.
>
> Is there anyone out there who has package management/build skills who
> has time and energy to help out?
Are you looking for ubuntu packages are do you want to create the packages
yourself ?

Stef