[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Linux Help Request

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 20:09:01 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, Ben Edwards (lists) <lists at videonetwork.org> wrote:

> I have been running Ubuntu on Dapper for a few months now and it is
> fairly unstable.  This is a real shame, I have run Mythtv on a few
> distributions and Ubuntu did seem a very good choice due to ease of
> install and Hardware support, I was hoping Ubuntu/Mythtv would be a
> killer combination.

I have been running on Dapper since March with no problems.  I have never
tried the package from repositories though.  I always installed from
source.   The procedure to install from source is very easy if you haven't
already tried that.  There are specific instructions for Ubuntu on the
Mythtv WIKI.

I am fairly new to Linux so I must say that I do really enjoy Ubuntu and
have switched my personal computer over to it as well.