[mythtv-users] Recording PVR-500 Question.

drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 16:10:22 UTC 2006

> I have this card and can say I would rather have bought two 150's. Yes, you
> can record two shows at once, or record one and watch another, or do PIP,
> etc. My issue is the signal splitter inside the card: it sucks. The splitter
> I get for free from the cable company is ten times better at preserving
> signal strength than whatever is used in the card. I personally have to call
> my cable company to get a PERFECT signal before I can even use MYTH for tv
> viewing, it is so bad. Even then, I will probably need a signal booster just
> outside the PC.

I also have very poor picture on my second tuner of my pvr500 which is a newer one
with a samsung tuner. In the last few weeks there was a discussion on the ivtv
driver list that this is a known problem that is now being worked on and tested so
there is a hope that it soon will get fixed for the mean time I only use the first
tuner with myth...

John