[mythtv-users] Encoders 1 and 2 are now 3 and 4

Chris Gentle gentlec at hiwaay.net
Fri Jun 2 20:52:49 UTC 2006

I just finished upgrading my Myth boxes to the 2.6.16 kernel and
ivtv-0.6.2.  I went in and deleted out my capture cards and and then
added them back so that the input sources would be numbered
appropriately, as required by the new ivtv driver.  Everything seems
to work.

However, both System Status and MythWeb's status page now report my
two capture boards as Encoders 3 and 4 and instead of Encoders 1 and 2:

        Encoder 3 is local on mythtv and is not recording.
        Encoder 4 is remote on myth2 and is not recording.

Why did this happen?  Is there any way to set them back to 1 and 2,
since I don't really have four encoders?

Thanks!

--
Chris