[mythtv-users] is mythtv smart enough to do this(overlap/back-to-back) with recordings?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Mon Jul 31 02:35:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 06:19:16PM -0700, chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
> The code required to manage a single file containing two separate
> recordings will be a mess.  The code required to schedule the creation
> of such a file will be a bit of a mess.  Such a file will have
> side-effects that need to be addressed in the auto-expiry code, etc.
>
> Even *if* that solution turns out to be the easiest to code, it
> also offers practically nothing in the way of reusable capabilities.

Perhaps we misunderstand one another.  The code already exists.  With
the live tv playback group in particular.   There is no storage of
a single file with two seperate recordings, why would you want to do that?

Right now for example, you can watch live tv, and channel surf, and it
puts each fragment of show into a different program file (with its own
entry in the recorded database) and you can watch them, and rewind and
ff a and play over the program boundaries.