[mythtv-users] Rex: a new tv_grab_au script

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sun Jul 30 15:59:01 UTC 2006

Andy Foster wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just something which was brought up on irc - has anybody actually
> tried asking these guys (ninemsn, yourtv & so forth) whether they
> would be willing to actually provide an xml (or otherwise streamlined)
> feed for pvr owners?
>
> Given the what seems to be almost herculean efforts put into obtaining
> tv guide data, one would think someone has, but as I don't recall any
> mention of this, I wanted to check.
>
> cheers,
> Andy
Andy

I think that hell would freeze over before any of those would supply
anything to the PVR community. This little jewel is from the copyright
page on yourtv.com.au:

"The TV program listings are not, in any way, downloaded or used in
conjunction with any device, such as customer equipment or a set top
box, which permits manipulation of the TV program listings, or which
permits scheduled program recording;"

We are in Australia after all, where techically it is against the law to
record anything of a TV or other device....

Cheers
Bruce