[mythtv-users] how to remove commercial flag in mythtvt through command line?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 28 16:35:43 UTC 2006

On 07/28/06 01:41, samir ghodasara wrote:

> i have already setup mythtv in my suse linux 10.0 machine.
> currently i want to remove commercial flag from recording from command
> line.
>
> after recording one programme i have run this command in shell
>
> mythcommflag -c 1012 -s 20060728102500

> 2006-07-28 11:03:47.551 Connection timed out.
> You probably should modify the Master Server
> settings in the setup program and set the
> proper IP address.
> 2006-07-28 11:03:47.567 Connection timed out.
> You probably should modify the Master Server
> settings in the setup program and set the
> proper IP address.

> 2006-07-28 11:04:12.811 Connection timed out.
> You probably should modify the Master Server
> settings in the setup program and set the
> proper IP address.

Your system isn't configured properly.  Unless mythcommflag can reach
the database, it can't write the commercial flag list to the database.

> but it don't remove any commercial flag from my mpeg file.
> so,what should i do ?
> thanks in advance.

Note that commercial flagging only flags the commercials--it doesn't
remove them.  You can specify options in frontend setup to determine how
Myth handles the commercials it identifies.  In frontend settings,
Playback, page "Commercial Skip" (page 6 or so):

Automatically Skip Commercials
    - Off
    - Notify, but do not skip
    - Automatically Skip
Automatically skip commercial breaks that have been flagged during
Automatic Commercial Flagging or by the mythcommflag program, or just
notify that a commercial has been detected.

Note, also, that you probably also want to enable the setting (on the
same page):

Commercial Flag New Recordings
This is the default value used for the Auto-Commercial Flagging setting
when a new scheduled recording is created.

(it's enabled by default) and then mark any commercial free channels as
commercial free using the channel editor in mythtv-setup (or MythWeb).

Mike