[mythtv-users] is mythtv smart enough to do this with recordings?

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Jul 26 18:42:56 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 2:37 pm, you wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:41:48PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > > It all comes down to the same design choice we discussed a week or
> > > two ago when talking about how live TV buffers can wipe out half
> > > your hard drive if you leave it tuned to a channel that has no
> > > program data.
> >
> > Geez.  Now you're just flat out lying about things.  Please stop.
>
> Some of us didn't go out and buy 5 tuners and a terabyte of storage
> to build our dream PVR systems.  Mine only has one tuner and holds
> about 70 hours of recordings (two parameters that are unlikely to
> change any time soon), and live TV can cause 24 hours of that to
> expire under the right circumstances (which very nearly bit me when
> my cable lineup changed and Zap2It had no data for my favorite
> channel for about a week).  OK, so it would only wipe out one third
> of my drive instead of half - big lie.

livetv can _not_ cause 24 hours of that to expire, unless there's a program
marked as 24 hours in the data - and even then, that's only in 0.19 (0.20
limits a single live-tv recording to 8 hours).  If there's no data, it's
limited to 30 minute recordings.  Has been like that ever since the new
livetv stuff went in.

Isaac