[mythtv-users] Help with MythVideo

Timothy Bish tabish at twcny.rr.com
Tue Jul 25 23:08:05 UTC 2006

> And if it doesn't find videos (as yours didn't), either the user running
> mythfrontend doesn't have permission to access the directories that
> contain your videos (most likely cause in your situation--using a
> network filesystem) or you've specified the wrong directory in setup.

Well that's the odd thing.  There is only one user (mythtv) on the machine.
I can bring up xine and play those files manually no problem.  Myth settings
for the videos shows my directory as /mythtv/videos which is the right one.
This really shouldn't be this hard, its so simple.

The subfolders are owned by root, but the permissions are at 777.