[mythtv-users] us-cable users who specified finetune values, please help...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 24 21:35:19 UTC 2006

On 07/24/06 16:45, Brian Wood wrote:

>On Jul 24, 2006, at 1:45 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>>Daniel is currently working on fixing the frequency tables defined by
>>MythTV to make it easier for users to configure their channels by
>>ensuring the frequencies are correct "out of the box."  In doing this,
>>we need additional information to determine whether a theoretically
>>possible situation is forcing some users to specify finetune values to
>>receive some of their channels.  Note that this only applies to users
>>who are using the us-cable frequency table (and not us-bcast or
>>us-cable-hrc or us-cable-irc) for any of their video sources.
>>

><snip>
>
>I've seen many posts from folks who have apparently had to input fine-
>tuning values, and I have never understood why.
>
>Perhaps you need to take a step back and try and find out "why".

For details of the issues, please see the entire thread at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/214338#214338 .

Specifically, the requested queries are intended to give us the
information necessary to determine whether there is a need for a new
frequency table due to the FCC's requiring an offset of carriers used in
certain frequency ranges but not specifying the direction of the offset.

Mike