[mythtv-users] Stepmania Gameplayer

John Brooks iresprite at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 21:14:34 UTC 2006

On 7/24/06, Paul Fahrenkrug <fahrep81 at uwosh.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone successfully gotten Stepmania to launch from Mythgame?  I can't
> seem to figure out the proper things to put for the Gameplayer.  I tried the
> howto on the Mythtv Wiki, but it did not work.  Any suggestions?

 I have had little luck with MythGame outside of zsnes and xmame; instead, I
made an entry in mainmenu.xml:

<button>
        <type>GAME</type>
        <text>Stepmania</text>
        <action>EXEC /home/mythtv/StepMania-3.9/stepmania</action>
</button>

Actually, I was able to get StepMania running from MythGame just now by
doing the following:

Under Game Player Setup:
Player Name: PC GAMES
Type: OTHER
Rom path: /usr/games/scripts

I then created /usr/games/scripts where I created shell scripts to launch
the various PC games; for StepMania, it looked like this:

#!/bin/bash
`/home/mythtv/StepMania-3.9/stepmania`

This seemed to work just fine! I hope it works for you as well.

Peace,
Jack.