[mythtv-users] Stepmania Gameplayer

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jul 24 20:56:57 UTC 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Paul Fahrenkrug wrote:

> Has anyone successfully gotten Stepmania to launch from Mythgame?
> I can't seem to figure out the proper things to put for the
> Gameplayer.  I tried the howto on the Mythtv Wiki, but it did not
> work.  Any suggestions?

I don't have it launching from MythGame, but I added a menu item to
launch it from the main menu. I wrote a simple shell script to cd
into the directory containing the StepMania data files and launch it
from there. Not sure if this is the best way, but it certainly works
for me. Then I added an external command as a menu option to launch
it. If your issue is that it can't find the data directory, this
might be helpful. Also, I was testing out my DVI connection and
hooked up my 20" widescreen display at 1680x1050 resolution and
StepMania crashed my X session every time. Can you describe which
issue you're having?