[mythtv-users] 2 hour shows not recording 2nd hour

Mito Tranin - Lists mito-lists at mitopia.net
Mon Jul 24 13:30:06 UTC 2006

   Phill Edwards wrote:

 When any of my shows, which are normally one hour long, has a two hour
 episode (usually two one hour episodes back to back, as a season finale
 or opener, etc) Myth will record the first hour, but not the second!  At
 first I thought it was just because of sindication that they only showed
 the first hour for some reason, but then it happened again when I knew
 they showed both hours (I know because I actually watched it via a
 normal TV).  I went to my Myth to delete it since I'd already seen it,
 and it had only recorded the first hour, not the second!

 I had a problem once with some shows not recording and it turnbed out
 to be caused by a bug-ette in mythweb which was setting up recordings
 wrongly. I deleted the recording schedule and re-did it in the myth
 gui rather than mythweb and it was OK after that. (By the way, I
 believe this problem has been fixed now).

 Regards,
 Phill

   Well it was in MythWeb that I setup the recordings, so that could be it.
   As far as how it's set to record, in Mythweb I told it to record every
   episode of this show on any channel.  And I'll have to wait to see what it
   says in upcoming recordings the next time a 2-hour show comes along.
   Sofar, I didn't see either of these in the guide previous to the
   recording.  My guess was that it is seeing it as the same episode, so it's
   not recording the 2nd as it would be a repeat recording... but then that's
   just a guess.

   I'll look through the upcoming recordings to see if there's any 2-hour
   shows in the next 2 weeks.

   Mito

believed to be clean.