[mythtv-users] USB Tuner not being detected.

Graeme McClinton graeme.mcclinton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 17:13:09 UTC 2006

Well, crc32 is built into the kernel, but there is no sign of
firmware_class. When I say locate firmware_class, I get nothing.

I opened up the usb box, there is a conexant chip in there that starts with
cx22. The rest of the numbers are obscured with heat sink compound.

The linuxtv site advises me to use the Philips firmware file, but as I don't
have any Philips chips, this must be wrong, no? There is also a Texas
Instruments DSP chip on the board.

So it seems to me my problems are twofold, no firmware_class module and
incorrect firmware.

There is supposed to be a script for downloading the correct firmware, but I
don't seem to have that either.