[mythtv-users] How is the Mac mini as a front-end?

Marc Infield marc at infielddesign.com
Fri Jul 14 15:46:21 UTC 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 4:45 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> Do you use iTunes all?
>
> No, I don't. I'm a Linux guy.
You are a better man than I. Also my wife is the keeper and organizer
of the music collection and she has been using iTunes.

>> I took a quick look at your web site and I saw
>> your slimserver link. Do you use your mini with the slimserver at
>> all? Have you tried Softsqueeze or any slimserver front-end emulator
>> on the mac?
>
> No, I use the Squeezebox to play music and the Mini to watch TV. To
> me, one of the good things about the Squeezebox is that I don't have
> to turn on the TV when I want to listen to music.
I agree, the VFD is great. But in the spirt of reduced component
count I would be willing to get by with on screen and the web
interface. I did try softsqweeze and It looks like it will do an
admirable job.

In my opinion the Mac Mini would close to a perfect package if it had
a VFD display, an Ipod dock, and a Blu-ray/HDDVD drive.