[mythtv-users] PVR-350 remote?

Henrik Gammelmark mythtv at geemark.com
Wed Jul 12 21:36:25 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:
> On 12/07/06, Henrik Gammelmark <mythtv at geemark.com> wrote:
>

>>I just tried to shield the receiver and the remote with a few layers of
>>cardboard, but with no luck.
>>

> Henrik,
>
> One extra thing I would offer is that if you haven't tried already,
> try running LIRC with the Hauppauge remote definitions from LIRC, as
> they have a slightly different remote header (see the RC5|CONST_LENGTH
> value) than the lircd.conf posted by David. I'm wondering whether this
> is sufficient to cause the slow/unknown button errors as the timing
> could be slightly out of sync. I noticed that David's remote has the
> remote header:
>
> =========
> begin remote
>
> name grayHauppauge
> bits 13
> flags RC5
> eps 30
> aeps 100
>
> one 0 0
> zero 0 0
> gap 200966
> repeat_bit 2
>
> begin codes
> =========
>
> whereas the LIRC contrib file has header:
>
> =========
> begin remote
>
>   name  Hauppauge_350
>   bits           13
>   flags RC5|CONST_LENGTH
>   eps            30
>   aeps          100
>
>   one           969   811
>   zero          969   811
>   plead        1097
>   gap          114605
>   toggle_bit      2
>
>       begin codes
> =========
>
> The Hauppauge defs are available from
> http://lirc.cvs.sourceforge.net/lirc/lirc/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge?view=markup.
>
> Also, in your lircrc file, the "repeat" option for a key allows you to
> tailor the response you see when you hold down a key repeatedly - if
> you have a repeat setting of 3 and hold down a button, LIRC will on
> pass only everythin third button signal, which slows down how quickly
> a button (such as volume) operates. This setting is also useful if
> LIRC seems to respond to a 'single' button press with 2 or more
> events.
>
> Nick

I tried one more thing - I found out that irrecord can autodetect the
keys by reading from the remote. The provided values are the
"17yy"-range values.
It also provides a header which is the following:

   bits           13
   flags RC5|CONST_LENGTH
   eps            30
   aeps          100

   one           889   889
   zero          889   889
   plead         889
   gap          500011
   toggle_bit      2

   frequency    36000
   duty_cycle   50

It took forever to detect this, and afterwards it still don't work any
better than before.

Is there something wrong with the hardware or where does the error lie?
Is there any easy way to easily and quickly test/debug the remote under
Windows XP to rule out hardware problems?