[mythtv-users] PVR-350 remote?

Henrik Gammelmark mythtv at geemark.com
Wed Jul 12 21:01:50 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:
> On 12/07/06, Henrik Gammelmark <mythtv at geemark.com> wrote:
>

>>I just tried to shield the receiver and the remote with a few layers of
>>cardboard, but with no luck.
>>

> Henrik,
>
> One extra thing I would offer is that if you haven't tried already,
> try running LIRC with the Hauppauge remote definitions from LIRC, as
> they have a slightly different remote header (see the RC5|CONST_LENGTH
> value) than the lircd.conf posted by David. I'm wondering whether this
> is sufficient to cause the slow/unknown button errors as the timing
> could be slightly out of sync. I noticed that David's remote has the
> remote header:

Thank you for your advice - I have fiddled with the headers, trying out
various configurations.

I have come to realize something though - all the codes in the
lircd.conf has the form "0x0000000000001xyy", where x is either 7 or F
(perhaps keypress and release respectively I suspect), and yy depends on
the key.

The interesting part is, that all the "unknown key" statements like the
one below, has the format "0x3xyy", where x and yy are the same as the
ones in the lircd.conf - I tried adding the "3"-versions to lircd.conf
(see example just below) too, but it does not get triggered - am I
missing something here? How do I map from the dmesg ones to the
lircd.conf ones?

lircd.conf:  OK 0x00000000000017A5
dmesg:       i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x25 raw=0x3fa5 down=0
Attempted:   OK 0x00000000000037A5

Also, are there any lirc-users mailinglist or similar where this
question should more appropriately be posted?

> =========
> begin remote
>
> name grayHauppauge
> bits 13
> flags RC5
> eps 30
> aeps 100
>
> one 0 0
> zero 0 0
> gap 200966
> repeat_bit 2
>
> begin codes
> =========
>
> whereas the LIRC contrib file has header:
>
> =========
> begin remote
>
>   name  Hauppauge_350
>   bits           13
>   flags RC5|CONST_LENGTH
>   eps            30
>   aeps          100
>
>   one           969   811
>   zero          969   811
>   plead        1097
>   gap          114605
>   toggle_bit      2
>
>       begin codes
> =========
>
> The Hauppauge defs are available from
> http://lirc.cvs.sourceforge.net/lirc/lirc/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge?view=markup.
>
> Also, in your lircrc file, the "repeat" option for a key allows you to
> tailor the response you see when you hold down a key repeatedly - if
> you have a repeat setting of 3 and hold down a button, LIRC will on
> pass only everythin third button signal, which slows down how quickly
> a button (such as volume) operates. This setting is also useful if
> LIRC seems to respond to a 'single' button press with 2 or more
> events.
>
> Nick

I have already tried to fiddle with the "repeat" settings, but
afterwards I realized, that these settings has nothing to do with the
irw output.