[mythtv-users] Bob2x with wobbling OSD even at 50 Hz

Jens Axboe mythtv-users at kernel.dk
Tue Jul 4 19:05:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 04 2006, Jens Axboe wrote:

> (I'll reply to this one too, as it seems Tino and I have very similar
> setups).
>
> On Fri, Jun 30 2006, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:56:15 +0800, Indulis Bernsteins wrote:
> > > Jens,
> > >
> > > 1) is there any reason you are using Bob?  I tried it and also found it to
> > > flicker badly.  This was also reported in other places (can't remember
> >
> > I tested them all. For me, all other deinterlacers either look bad,
> > have no smooth playback, or both.
>
> Same here, only bob gets me a smooth playback, the others all look to
> jerky.

Just retested, since the football world cup just started transmitting.
kernel deint looks fairly good for "regular" tv, but it really falls
flat on its face with HDTV content. It seems slightly jerky, where bob
is 100% smooth like you would expect from TV.

So my experience so far is that bob is the only usable deinterlacer for
HDTV, while it is painful for SDTV content. With kernel deint, the
opposite is true.

--
Jens Axboe