[mythtv-users] possible p2p approach for mythtv information?

tom roth rawdlite at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 3 14:03:45 UTC 2006

> The idea of sharing other information has been discussed in the past
> on thsi list also, and I think one of the major problems would be
> ensuring people don't screw up the data (possibly deliberatly).  For
> example, someone could flag part of a programme as a commercial, which
> would effect everyone who relies on that data.
>
> Cheers,
> Whytey

For cutlist info you are probably right, but what i came up with recently is
trusted networks for recommendations on recordings. Think of it as gnus (the
emacs newsreader) for videos.

This could work as follows:
Configure MythRecommendation to use a reserved part of your strorage
(basicaly a quota).
Until this quota is reached mythtv would start recording any recomendations
it  gets.
Next a ruleset will give weight to the recommendating person, the channel,
keywords in the titel etc.. based by your behaviour or explicit settings.

When you delete a recording without watching it 5 points are taken from the
person, 2 from the channel, 1 from the keywords, whatever.
When you  do a cutlist on the recording  points are added to person ,
channel ...
When you archive the movie even more points are given.
After a while you should find interesting recordings, that you would have
missed  otherwise.

what do you think ?

rawdlite