[mythtv-users] AU Specific Questions

Nick Tan nick at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Jul 3 05:28:49 UTC 2006

Hi Bruce,

I use a K-World XPert PCI DVB-T card for digital free to air.  It works
great, apart from SBS but thats just because I have a dodgy antenna.

I have optus digital, for which I use a Hauppauge PVR-150MCE card for
capture.  I use the composite output from the optus box into the
composite inputs on the PVR150.  It uses an MPEG-2 encoder chip, so the
system CPU usage will be low.

For channel changing, I built an IR transmitter which connects to the
serial port.  I had to get a lirc config file from the 'net to control
the optus box, but I can email that to you if you want.

For the mythtv remote control, I use a Windows MCE2 remote.  It works
very well in linux, however the IR blaster part of it doesn't work as
far as I know.

Nick