[mythtv-users] Mysql taking 100% CPU

Rod Rod at Rods.id.au
Sun Jul 2 12:41:19 UTC 2006

    Hi, I have a little mysql problem, but all I can see is that its
mythtv related (its the only database thats in use)

    I have a Dual core Pentium, so with MySQL running 100% (I'm not sure
how it runs 101% but it says it does sometimes...)

    I just into MySQL and do a command with the following result

mysql> show processlist;
+----+--------+-------------------------+-------------+---------+------------+----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Id | User   | Host                    | db          | Command |
Time       | State    |
Info

+----+--------+-------------------------+-------------+---------+------------+----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  1 | mythtv | localhost               | mythconverg | Query   |
4294948932 | Updating | UPDATE recorded SET basename = CONCAT(chanid,
'_', DATE_FORMAT(starttime, '%Y%m%d%H%i00'), '_', DATE |
|  2 | mythtv | localhost               | mythconverg | Query   |
17625 | Locked   | SELECT j.id, j.chanid, j.starttime, j.inserttime,
j.type, j.cmds, j.flags, j.status, j.statustime, j |
|  3 | mythtv | localhost               | mythconverg | Sleep   |
17625 | NULL     |
NULL

|  4 | mythtv | shadow.rods.id.au:43269 | mythconverg | Query   |
6582 | Locked   | SELECT DISTINCT recgroup from
recorded                                                               |
|  5 | root   | localhost               | NULL        | Query
|          0 | NULL     | show
processlist

5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

    For some reason there is a Update query that I don't know how it
started, or how it will stop, or when it will stop

    Can someone enlighten me as to whats happening please.

    Shutting down MySQL and restarting it doesn't change the problem,
shutting down and restarting mythbackend also doesn't fix the problem,
rebooting the computer only stops it when the power is off...