[mythtv-users] I'm stuck!! mythfilldatabase --manual

Ivan Eulaers eulaersivan at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 21:09:58 UTC 2006

I've installed mythtv within Suse 10 through the
installation source provided by Oystein. I've also
created the mysql database and set the appropriate
rights. All this is done through a ssh session to my
"server" in the basement who will act as backend and
frontend. Now, I'm trying to get started with
mythtv-setup.

Because within mythtv-setup, I don't find an
appropriate xmltv-grabber for my country (Belgium),
I've selected "Holland". Within a shell console I've
created a link from my local xmltv-grabber (called
jxmltv) to "tv_grab_nl" so that mythtv assumes that
there is a grabber (when mythtv runs tv_grab_nl it
runs in fact jxmltv).

After tweaking mythtv-setup to my knowledge, it asks
me to start "mythfilldatabase --manual". I'm starting
this process, it takes some time but at the end no
channel information is asked. No channel information
or is added to the mysql database (when I do "select *
from channel within mysql I'm not receiving any
records).

These are the last log lines of "mythfilldatabase
--manual".

Downloaded 55082188 bytes
Started: Tue Jan 31 21:51:19 CET 2006
Stopped: Tue Jan 31 21:57:27 CET 2006
------------------ End of XMLTV output
------------------
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
2006-01-31 21:57:27.355 New DB connection, total: 4
Updated programs: 0  Unchanged programs: 0
Adjusting program database end times...
0 replacements made.
Marking repeats...found 0
Unmarking repeats from grabber that fall within our
new episode window...found 0
2006-01-31 21:57:27.389 Connecting to backend server:
192.168.0.21:6543 (try 1 of 5)
2006-01-31 21:57:27.405 Using protocol version 15

I'm really desperate !!! Can someone please give me
some help!

Thanks!!

Ivan