[mythtv-users] Manual channel configuration

maurice@perry.ch maurice at perry.ch
Tue Jan 31 20:27:42 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I am trying to setup a mythtv (0.18.1) installation. I live in switzerland and none of the proposed grabber suits my needs.

So I have seen that mythfilldatabase has a --manual that is supposed to allow the manual configuration of channels, but if I run mythfilldatabase with the --manual option without having created any datasource, I get the following output:

###
### Running in manual channel configuration mode.
### This will ask you questions about every channel.
###
2006-01-31 21:23:26.198 New DB connection, total: 1
There are no channel sources defined, did you run the setup program?

and If I create a dummy video source, the --manual option seems to be simply ignored.

Can anyone help me to enter manual the channels ?

Thanks in advance,
Maurice