[mythtv-users] Mythtv compilation problems on FC4
jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jan 31 20:24:28 UTC 2006
On Monday 30 January 2006 16:37, Malcolm Hill wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 09:06 -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 30 January 2006 05:02, Malcolm Hill wrote:
> > > I've been using Mythtv 0.18.2 happily on FC4 for months now
> > There is no such thing as MythTV 0.18.2, only a 0.18.1 release and what
> > *could* have been 0.18.2 in subversion's 0-18-fixes branch.
> I called it 0.18.2 because on http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ its called the
> 'stable 0.18.2 branch'. I guess you are correct that its the 0-18-fixes
> > > So - now the configure script finds lirc fine - but I'm having real
> > > issues compiling mythtv. The same source that built fine a few months
> > > ago... In that time yum has updated my kernel a few times, and I'm
> > > sure its upgraded gcc.
> > Are you trying to compile from a 0.18.1 tarball or from a 0-18-fixes
> > branch checkout? The 0-18-fixes branch compiles just fine on FC4 w/the
> > latest GCC 4.0.x (as well as GCC 4.1 in the Fedora Development tree).
> It should be the 0-18-fixes branch as I went here when 0.18.1 wouldn't
> compile on FC4 with gcc 4.x last time.
> To make absolutely sure, I've just checked out a clean copy of the
> 0-18-fixes branch with "svn co
> http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-18-fixes/mythtv", used
> "./configure --enable-dvb
> --enable-lirc" as my configure string, and started a make (after a qmake
> mythtv.pro of course). Same problem again. This worked absolutely fine
> on FC4 last year. I just checked my config.log, and the successful make
> was in July last year.
Take a look at the output of './configure --help':
--enable-dvb enable DVB support (must supply header directory)
--dvb-path=HDRLOC location of directory containing
'linux/dvb/frontend.h', not the
directory with frontend.h
Seems to indicate giving a path into the kernel source like that doesn't work,
as it somehow pulls in other kernel headers to the build that override glibc
headers. Dunno if you can make that include path more specific for dvb
components only, or if building w/an external dvb source tarball is best
(which is what the ATrpms packages do).
The second error, I'm not sure what's going on. I thought I'd fixed all of
those problems in the 0.18 branch. One sec while I try a build... Yup, just
built fine. Could be a difference caused by your using the latest dvb source
versus my using the older dvb snap Axel is currently using in the ATrpms
packages, seeing as how scanwizard is dvb-specific. I dunno though.
jarod at wilsonet.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20060131/53f5d664/attachment.pgp
More information about the mythtv-users