[mythtv-users] connecting mythbox to HD tv -- dvi->hdmi or vga->component

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:55:11 UTC 2006

On 1/31/06, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 January 2006 10:31, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> > I am upgrading my myth box, and will get some sort of geforce card to
>
> Heh, DVI->HDMI cables aren't cheap either...
OK, but i think cheaper than $100, which is what the audio authority
kit is.  I will check at frys.

> > My questions are:
> > 1) will this be decent quality?
>
> If it works, it'll be pretty much the best quality you can possibly get. My
> DVI->DVI setup is gorgeous.
>
> > 2) is this even possible with HDCP issues?
>
> Depends on your TV.

Does it matter if the card is dvi-d or dvi-i?

> > 3) can someone recommend a good cheap card that will handle this,
> > preferably fanless that fits into a AGP slot.  Keep in mind, I want to
> > HD playback.
>
> A GeForce FX 5200 is more than enough.
Thanks, was thinking of getting this:
http://techbargains.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=9343485
MSI geforce 5200 with dvi out.  The specs say it is dvi-i but a user
said dvi-d, so who knows.