[mythtv-users] Resize screen on TV with FX5200

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Jan 31 18:44:14 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 18:44, Urban Nightmare wrote:
> This isn't a over scan problem.  No matter how much over scan I put in
> there is always a black bar at the top of the screen.  If this was a
> regular PC monitor I could use the controls on the monitor to move the
> image up/down and increase its size.  I'm wondering if that is possible
> in software since this is a TV and I don't have those controls.
I think you can.  At least I can ;)  This what I did:

- in xorg.conf I only have Modes "1024x768" so I have X running at 1024x768 on
my vga out

- I trial-and-error'ed with nvtv untill I had a config that displayed X on the
tv-out with a stable image.  The problem is that only a part of my desktop is
displayed on my tv.  I enable this config with this comand:
nvtv --tv-on -r 768,576 -s Large

- I run mythfront in a window and played with the settings untill mythfrontend
is exactly fitted in the part of the desktop that's displayed on my tv.

Stef