[mythtv-users] NFS Kernel problem

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Tue Jan 31 14:17:28 UTC 2006

I'm afraid I agree with Brian; this is not a kernel issue per se. If you go to a command line and type "modprobe nfs", does it error? Also at the command line, if you type "lsmod" then is "nfs" listed? If so, it's neither the kernel nor module.

Check your network is working properly (ping the remote host). You might also have a hung session on the server (presuming here the server didn't go down). You could restart the NFS services on the server and ensure that all the connections are cleared... or worst case reboot.

I honestly believe you're battling a probable network issue here, not software.