[mythtv-users] StreamTV

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 05:06:30 UTC 2006

I have Installed MythStreamTV a few times. and all the previous times I had
to recompile VideoLan-Client and FFMpeg according to the instructions from
the README.. I recently upgraded my backend to FC4 and running all stable
packages. I also added VideoLan-Client from Yum to play some .bin/cue files
I have for mythvideo.

After installing the script and running the streaming with WMV instead if
the default DIV3 and streaming via HTTP instead of MMS I successfully launch
the stream with video and audio.. although my default client for web streams
is the windows versions of the VideoLan-Client as with complaints it even
works on my Bootable Thumbdrive WindowsPE for streaming on workstations at
work..

the versions of both FFMpeg and VLC are straight from what was installed
from YUM

 videolan-client-0.8.4a-1.2.fc4 at i386 is already installed

ffmpeg-0.4.9-10_cvs20050612.rhfc4.at at i386 is already installed