[mythtv-users] Recording problems

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 03:36:25 UTC 2006

On 1/31/06, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> This has been happening to me on a regular basis for months now.  It
> happened to me again yesterday.  Check the archives for a trhead named
> 'zero byte recordings' or similar.
>
> I think I improved the situation when I set the card to only be opened
> by myth when it is recording (mythtv-setup > Capture Card screen).
> Otherwise, the card would stay locked until it tried tuning to the
> next channel and so subsequent recordings on the same channel with the
> same card would fail, until I restarted mythbackend.  This way, only
> the one recording is affected.

I've already got this method selected in mythtv-setup, the cards are
set to open each time and then release.

Guess I will have to put up with it and hope that each time it happens
its not a show I really wanted to see.

I do think I will compile 0.19 manually when it does become available
and hopefully someone will do an OSX frontend compile to save me the
time :)