[mythtv-users] Can't rip DVD's anymore - possible NFS mount problem?

Darren Richards darren.richards at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 02:56:08 UTC 2006

I'm in the process of re-ripping my DVD collection after my hard drive
died.  I got about halfway through when I started having problems.
The rip will just stop midway through, with no warnings or error
messages...  At first I thought it was the DVD drive itself, since
nothing else had changed.  I swapped drives, but still had the same
problem.

I'm ripping the dvd's to an NFS mounted drive.  Upon further
investigation, it seems that the nfs mount just "goes away" for
awhile.  If I'm patient enough, the mount will usually come back
(after as much as 5-10 minutes), and the rip will continue.  During
that time, I can't even cd to the mounted directory.  I only seem to
have this problem while ripping dvd's.  I have no problems just
watching videos from the same location...

Any suggestions?

thanks,
darren