[mythtv-users] Odd problem setting up Remote Frontend

Amankhan amankhan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 15:22:57 UTC 2006

 On 1/28/06, Chad <masterclc[at]gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't think you necessarily have to change the host IP, so for
>testing, leave it at loopback.

Ok, done.

>Make sure you have the correct internal IP for the backend:
>/sbin/ifconfig

Yes, I do.  I set all my IPs statically, just so I avoid any of those
issues.

>Restart your frontend, and see what happens.

No luck, I got the exact error message described here:

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1

"*NOTE*: If you modify the 127.0.0.1 address and use a "real" IP address,
you must use real IP addresses in both fields, otherwise your frontend
machines will generate "Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION" errors."

>Are you running a backend process on the frontend? If so, you don't
>need to be..

No, I'm not.

Thanks for the reply!

Jonathan